After seeing the post from iconic Instagram account @fkn_newy last week (see below) the office has been a chatter of what other long lost businesses do we miss but never talk about?
They had shared a screenshot previously shared on Brown Cardigan from another local media outlet.
Here are a couple we thought about:
- Soundworld - could anywhere be more iconic for local music than Soundworld in Newcastle Mall and Garden City (it will always be Garden City to a true Novocastrian)
- Beaumont Street Beat - OK, maybe there were two music retailers that kept Newcastle tuned.
- The Store - back when it was a huge market full of exciting things.
- The Hunter on Hunter
- Jolly Roger
- What was the name of the Video Game Store on King Street in town?
- The Casbah
- Surf City
- The Mercury Bar
Noticed a trend?
- Kensington Theatre
- What was the other one called?
One notable success in recent years is definitely the Regal Theatre, community can be awesome!