Five Senses Twilight Markets are these amazing markets that happen in Lambton Park and the next one is September 2nd from 4 - 8pm. One of the best parts about these markets, other than the amazing food and drink options, are that they also intend to help charities in need and donate funds raised to worth causes. This time around they are supporting MND NSW which supports Motor Neurone Disease.
If you aren't familiar with the disease or the charity: MND NSW provides information, support and education about motor neurone disease for people living with motor neurone disease, their families, friends and carers.
MND NSW assists people with Motor Neurone Disease by connecting them to the services they require aswell as providing the equipment they need to continue living at home.
There is no cure for Motor Neurone Disease.
Here are some not so fun facts as found on their website...
MND IN AUSTRALIA
* MND is a progressive, terminal neurological disease
* MND can strike anyone
* There is no known cure and no effective treatment for MND
* Each day in Australia two people die from MND
* Each day in Australia two people are diagnosed with MND
* People with MND progressively lose the use of their limbs and ability to speak, swallow and breathe, whilst their mind and senses usually remain intact
* Average life expectancy is 2.5 years*
* More than 2,000 people have MND in Australia of whom 60% are male and 40% are female*
* Mean time from onset to confirmation of diagnosis is 10 to 18 months*
* Prevalence of MND in 2015 was 8.7 per 100,000 people or 1 per 11,434 Australians*
* Approximately 58% of people with MND are under the age of 65*
* The total cost of MND in Australia was $2.37 billion in 2015. This equates to $1.1 million per person*
* For every person diagnosed with MND it is estimated that a further 14 members of their family and their friends will live with the effect of MND forever